Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 Updated by: Blogger Team ----------------------------------------------- */ /* Variable definitions ==================== */ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */ body { background:#800040; margin:0; color:#333333; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#78B749; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#1B703A; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #78B749; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #78B749; text-align: center; color:#333333; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal bold 200% Georgia, Times, serif; } #header a { color:#333333; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#333333; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; color: #800040; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal bold 100% Georgia, Times, serif; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS',Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#333333; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #78B749; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#1B703A; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#1B703A; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#333333; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#333333; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #78B749; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #333333; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #666699; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted #78B749; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #78B749; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; color: #333333; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Potty Patrol



Okay- I realize I have raised my children to be a bit of germ freaks. As I was just standing in the kitchen emptying the dishwasher, Ty came running up from downstairs where he had been playing Transformers with his buddy Gavin. I hear him knocking on the bathroom door saying,"Hey Gav, are you in there, you've been in the bathroom a long time, are you done yet?" Gav replies, "I'm almost done, just wait a minute." Ty replies, "Hurry Gav, I'm going to wait out here for you." Then the toilet flushes and Gavin walks out. Ty says, "Are you done using the bathroom?" Gav- "Yep, lets go play." Ty- "Did you go poop?" Gav- "Ya, why do you think it took me so long." Ty- "I was standing out here and I didn't hear you wash your hands and anytime you sit on a toilet and go to the bathroom you have to wash your hands. My mom says for 20 seconds." Gav- "Fine Ty, I'll wash my hands." Ty -"Okay, now I'll go downstairs and wait for you because if you don't wash your hands you can't touch my toys."

WoW! Maybe I've went a little over board. I have heard him tell his friends to wash their hands before and it always makes me laugh. A few weeks ago him and a friend went to a movie. I sent enough money with him for the movie and to get a kids snack pack for Ty. Well, because the family he went with had more than one child and also had taken a cousin with them they decided to buy the family pack and just share it. That way it would be equal and everyone would have the same. (I totally understand that) Well, they sat down in the theatre and the mom handed Ty and Gavin a bag of popcorn and an enormous drink. Ty said, "Is that my drink or Gav's?" His mom replied that she had just bought one huge drink for them to share. Ty then goes, "No thanks, I don't want to get Gav's germs, my mom won't let me share." Luckily, his mom knows TY all too well and got a good laugh out of it. Gavin is such a good sport about it all, I thinks he probley thinks Ty is a clean freak but he Gav is so good to just go with the flow! Tawni is no better. She will not share her food with anyone, however loves to share everyone else's food with them. I guess she can only get germs if someone drinks out of HER drink or bites off of HER food, not the other way around. They are also constantly telling their friends to cover their mouths when they cough and all other sorts of motherly advice. The funny part is hearing the two of them correcting their friends.

2 comments:

Jocelynn said...

yeah! you got it to post... i just came back from the reception with the kids... Ava's tummy hurt and Nolan was - well - being Nolan. So we lasted about 30 minutes, and are now home. Actually, my kind of reception! ;)

That makes me laugh about your germ phobe kids. I'm sure mine will be the exact same way!!

I'm lovin you blogin!

Jocelynn said...

oops, I was signed in as you to check why your post wasn't postin... so now it looks like you wrote to yourself... NO WORRIES people, she's not that hard up for comments! ;)

Actually from:
JEN (Shayne's Jen) and NOT Jocelynn